A youth track and field and cross country team committed to teaching the sport to young people while making it fun.
What's going on week of 06/23/2014
- Last Week of Practice - FUN FUN FUN
- RED tie dye - Bring a shirt, bag, socks whatever you want to tie dye & we will supply the red dye.
Note: Whatever they wear to practice may get dye on it.
- Coach Shelly & Coach Lauren have some tricks up their sleave and the name of the game is FUN!
Your Blazer WILL get wet, so plan accordingly.
- AAU Region 15 Junior Olympic Games Regional Qualifying Meet is June 27-29.
Events: 1500m run on Sunday, June 29th (3rd event of the day)
Entries MUST be to us no later than practice next Tuesday 6/24.
Admission is $5 for parents/spectators
Entry Fee: $25 per athlete
The top eight (8) in each individual track event and division & the top five (5) in each field
event and division at the Track & Field Meet qualify to advance directly to the AAU Junior Olympic Games National Championship. The top four (4) Relays in each age division and the Multi-Events qualify to advance directly to the AAU Junior Olympic Games National Championship to be held at: Drake University,
Des Moines, Iowa. If your athlete qualifies, they do not have to attend.
- High Schoolers - If your season is over, come join us for practice. Race, Run, or help. Either way, we like having with us.
- Camps, camps and more camps. Camp directors have been sending me their camp information. There are many opportunities for our young runners to learn more about running and meet new friends.
- Inclement weather policy - We will communicate practice cancellations by 4:30 via Facebook, Email to Registered Team Members, and on the front page of our website - www.stlblazers.com.
- The Schedule is up.
- Vianney is resurfacing their track this year (2014), so we will be hosting a running tour of St Louis.
April - Laumeier
May - Kirkwood High School
June - Kirkwood High School
- We meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:45 - 7. Locations vary slightly - Check the schedule.
- Your child would do best if he/she did some running before the season begins. A typical practice is between 3-5 miles, but don't be intimidated. It is broken up into many smaller segments.
- We accept ALL kids (age 8-18) who want to run.
- In 2013, we ended Track season with 87 kids and 84 in cross country.
- You enroll a season at a time. Track (April to June) is separate from Cross Country (September to December)
- Water is not always available, so bring your own.
- Bathrooms are not always available, so go prior to practice.