A youth track and field and cross country team committed to teaching the sport to young people while making it fun.
What's going on week of SUMMER VACATION
- We welcome our new team members and those giving us a try.
- We practice every Tuesday and Thursday September-December (cross country) or March-June (track)
- We will be practicing at Laumeier until mid-late October where we will move to Kirkwood Park
- On-line registration will be available in August under Join the Team
Registration is $55 via the website. $60 paper form. Multi-child discounts are available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Our program is one of the most affordable, so we don't prorate registration fees.
- You enroll a season at a time. Track (April to June) is separate from Cross Country (September to December)
- Not sure if our program is right for you? Try us out for TWO free practices. Just bring the signed Trial Athlete Wavier
- The Schedule will be determined in mid-September.
- The second week of practice at 6:30 is a parent's meeting. We will talk about our program and answer questions. The information will be the same both Tuesday and Thursday.
- TBD is team night at Big River. This is your opportunity to buy a uniform (cash or check) and purchase running shoes, apparel or other gear for your Blazer at a discount. A good pair of running shoes is very important to your child's success, enjoyment and safety.
- We meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:45 - 7. Locations vary slightly - Check the schedule.
- Your child would do best if he/she did some running before the season begins. A typical practice is between 3-5 miles, but don't be intimidated. It is broken up into many smaller segments.
- We accept ALL kids (age 8-18) who want to run.
- We accept new athletes all season long.
- In 2013, we ended Track season with 87 kids and 84 in cross country.
- Inclement weather policy - We will make a decision at 4:00 and have it commincated via Facebook, Email to Registered Team Members, and on the front page of our website - www.stlblazers.com.
- Water is not always available, so bring your own.
- Bathrooms are not always available, so go prior to practice.