Welcome to the St. Louis Blazers Track Club!
A youth track and field and cross country team committed to teaching the sport to young people while making it fun.
Spring Track 2015 - Week 3
- We had a good showing at the Storm meet this past weekend. We got rain, but no lightning.
- Team night at Big River Running on Manchester Road in West County - Thursday from 7-8 PM
- This is your chance to purchase a uniform (bring cash or check)
- Purchase those oh so important quality running shoes at a 20% discount.
- Purchase any other running needs at the same 20% discount
- This weekend comming is the Dashers meet in Belleville, IL
- You are welcome to compete and we will be happy to sign-up your child, but there will be NO Blazer coaches in attendance at this meet.
- Meet information
- We will continue practicing at Laumeier Sculpture Park in Sunset hills. We meet at the far end of parking lot. Coaches will be wearing Blazer shirts and arrive at 5:30ish.
- Practices are evey Tuesday and Thursday from 5:45 (promptly) - 7 pm (not so promptly)
- Inclement weather - We do practice is rain, cold and heat, but we can NOT practice if there is lightning or bad storms. Your child's safety is our primary concern. We make a decision between 4-5 PM and post our decision on Facebook and the website. '
- If you are just trying out our team, be sure to bring a signed trial waiver.
- Team Night for uniform purchase and discount at Big River Running West County is Thursday April 23 from 6:30-8
- We will move practices to Vianney High School on May 26
- The Blazer calendar is up to date.
- Coach supported meets are in red on the calendar.
- We welcome our returning team members and those giving us a try.
- We practice every Tuesday and Thursday September-December (cross country) or April-June (track) from 5:45-7:00
- Cross Country - We will be practicing at Laumeier until mid-late October where we will move to Kirkwood Park
- Track - We will be practicing at Laumeier until mid-late May where we will move to Vianney High School
- On-line registration is available Join the Team
Registration is $55 via the website. $60 paper form. Multi-child discounts are available by emailing email@example.com. Our program is one of the most affordable, so we don't prorate registration fees.
- You enroll a season at a time. Track (April to June) is separate from Cross Country (September to December)
- Not sure if our program is right for you? Try us out for TWO free practices. Just bring the signed Trial Athlete Wavier
- Your child would do best if he/she did some running before the season begins. A typical practice is between 3-5 miles, but don't be intimidated. It is broken up into many smaller segments.
- We accept ALL kids (age 8-18) who want to run.
- We accept new athletes all season long.
- We let each family select the commitment level that is right for them. We have some athletes who practice, but don't compete and other athletes that compete, but do all their practicing on their own.
- In 2013, we ended Track season with 87 kids and 84 in cross country.
- Inclement weather policy - We will make a decision at 4:00 and have it commincated via Facebook, Email to Registered Team Members, and on the front page of our website - www.stlblazers.com.
- Water is not always available, so bring your own.
- Bathrooms are not always available, so go prior to practice.